How Crowd Importing works? How to buy using Crowd Import Deal (CID)?
(1) Buyer books the required quantity of a product on that product's Crowd Import Deal (CID) on Ekimport website. (2) Once the CID is booked online, the Seller contacts the Buyer via phone or email to confirm the shipping and delivery details. (3) To confirm the CID booking, the Buyer makes full payment for the products booked via CID within 72 hours of the CID booking time. (4) The Buyer can arrange own shipping and pick products from the Seller's factory/warehouse or can ask the Seller to do the shipping at an additional shipping fee.
Who can buy products via Crowd Import Deal? Why crowd import?
Ekimport is a B2B platform for Small and Medium businesses to buy global products at wholesale prices without any minimum order quantity (MOQ) requirements. Buying via Crowd Import Deals is meant for business entities and not retail customers.
Why use Ekimport?
Ekimport is based in South Korea, India and Singapore. We are based right next to the local manufacturers, providing you authentic products at wholesale prices without MOQs.
What is MOQ to book a Product via Crowd Import Deal?
There is NO MOQ for order booking via Crowd Import Deal. Buyer can book even ONE quantity via Crowd Import Deal at wholesale rate.
Are the prices mentioned above for CID inclusive of all taxes and shipping charges?
All B2B prices for CIDs are EXW (Ex Works) prices. The price does not include any costs related to shipping, insurance, customs duties, excise or taxes.
Are shipping charges included in the product price?
No, the shipping charges are not included in the B2B product price for the CID.
How much are the shipping charges?
- Shipping by the Seller: If Buyer asks Seller to arrange the shipping of the products and Seller ships the products to Buyer’s location. In this case Buyer is required to pay additional shipping and handling charges to the Seller depending on the Buyer’s location.
- Shipping by the Buyer: If shipping of the products is arranged by the Buyer, Buyer does not have to pay any additional charges apart from EXW (Ex Works) Product Price. The Buyer can arrange his own logistics service for collection and shipping of the Products from the Seller’s warehouse at Seoul, Korea to Buyer’s location.
What are the accepted delivery terms?
The delivery term for CIDs is EXW (Ex-works or Ex-factory).
Which Logistics services are available for shipping of the products?
Fedex, DHL and EMS
How do I make the payment?
Buyer can make the payment by online transfer with the help of the payment details mentioned in the product booking email received on Buyer’s registered email address.
Who is liable to pay the payment transfer fee?
At the time of making the payment towards Product Price and Shipping Charges, Buyer shall make sure that any bank charges, govt. / regulatory fee and currency conversion rates have been duly factored in to make sure that the Seller receives the net Product Price and / or Shipping Charges communicated via email or invoice.
What if I delay the payment after product booking?
Once the Buyer has placed an order to book the Product, the Buyer must pay the Product Price within 72 hours of product booking using the payment method mentioned in the email. Failure to pay the Product Price (whether fully or in part) within 72 hours from the booking shall amount to automatic cancellation of the booking, without any liability on Seller’s behalf to refund any part payment made by the Buyer towards the Product Price or to deliver the Product against incomplete payment.
What if the Crowd Import Deal is cancelled?
If the Crowd Import Deal gets cancelled, refunds will be initiated to those who have placed the orders by making the payment in full. Seller will refund the exact amount it received from the Buyer regardless of the net amount the Buyer will receive after any transfer charges and foreign exchange currency conversion rates are applied by the intermediary banks or PayPal.
It is strongly recommended to keep the funds as credit with the Seller and use it for another order anytime in the future.
How can I cancel my order?
You can cancel your order until you have not made the payment for the booking of the products. Once the payment is made and the order is confirmed, you can not cancel the order or get a refund.
When will my order be dispatched?
All the products Seller has received the payment for (in full) will be ready for dispatch within 2 weeks after the CID end date. The Seller will inform the Buyer about the Shipping Charges. On receipt of Shipping Charges, the products will be dispatched to the Buyer.
Who manages the shipping and delivery of the products?
There are two options.
- Shipping by the Buyer: Buyer may opt to arrange for collection and shipping of the Product by the Buyer from the Seller’s warehouse at Seoul, Korea to Buyer’s location.
- Shipping andDelivery by the Seller: Buyer may require the Seller to ship the Products to the Buyer’s location. In such case, Buyer is required to pay additional shipping and handling charges to the Seller depending on the Buyer’s location. However, the delivery terms shall be EXW (Ex-works or Ex-factory).
Can I use my logistics partner?
Yes, you can opt for Shipping by the Buyer option.
Do you provide customs handling support? (who will clear the goods from customs?)
The Seller does not provide customs handling and is not obligated to provide any assistance in import procedure. All the taxes, fees and charges incurred in shipping/ customs clearance should be borne by the Buyer for all Products ordered or samples requested. All Products may be subject to customs clearance, approvals, certification and licenses in the Buyer’s jurisdiction. Buyer is fully responsible for obtaining customs clearance, import logistics, issues such as tariffs, VAT, customs duty, etc. as per the regulations of Buyer’s importing country.
Do you provide any documents, permits, certificates or licenses to clear customs and import procedures in our country?
Seller may not be able to provide licenses, permits, certificates or documentation that may be required by the Buyer to clear import procedures. Before placing Order, Buyers are advised to please reach out to Seller to clarify any questions regarding available documentation for the specific Product that Buyer is interested in.
Who will bear the custom clearance charges, customs duty and import charges of the order?
All the taxes, fees and charges incurred in shipping/ customs clearance should be borne by the Buyer for all Products ordered or samples requested.
What if the order is not delivered due to customs clearance issues?
Seller will not be responsible in any manner if the order cannot be delivered to the final recipient due to issues or problems including but not limited to customs clearance issues, import and permits related issues, license or certification related issues, unavailability at the delivery address, change of address, wrong address, address that has been changed or moved, recipient is absent, unclaimed products, etc.
What if I do not settle the final payment?
1. Once the Product is ready for dispatch, if for any reason the Buyer delays, denies or fails to arrange for own shipping or to make payment or part thereof for shipping by the Seller, the Seller will hold the Products in its warehouse for a period of 2 weeks at no additional cost to the Buyer.
2. After the expiry of 2 weeks and for a maximum period of 2 months, the Seller will apply the warehousing charges for the Product until the Buyer clears all dues and Product is shipped as per the Buyer’s preference.
3. Upon expiry of the two months period, if the Buyer is unable to clear all dues including the Product Price, Shipping Charges and warehousing charges, the Seller will be entitled to auction/sell the inventory without providing any refund to the Buyer.
Do you provide product pictures?
The Seller does not provide for Product photographs. Buyer is advised to conduct a Product shoot or Product profile pictures upon receipt of the Product.
Product packaging is slightly different from the product picture shown on the website.
The images of the Products shown are for visual representation only and may vary from the actual Product. The Seller reserves the right to change images of the Product at any time without prior notice. Buyer is advised to refer to the specifications provided under Product description or details to have better understanding of the Product.
What are the product's expiration dates?
It will be different for different products.
Do you provide product’s MSDS?
No. Please note that MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) can only be provided by brands head office to their official distributors in countries other than South Korea. If you need MSDS, then you have to deal directly with the Manufacturer and officially partner with them to sell their products in your country (if they do not have any existing distributor).
How do I return the products?
The Seller does not accept return of Products under any circumstances whatsoever. Buyers are advised to place Order only after assuring themselves on the quality and fitness of the Product.
How do I get a refund?
The Seller does not provide any Refunds unless the Crowd Import Deal is cancelled by the Seller or Seller is unable to supply the Product or fulfill the Order due to following reasons (a) Force Majeure Events, or (b) unavailability of Products from the manufacturer or supplier for any reason beyond direct control of the Seller.
Are all products authentic?
Seller assures the Buyer that all the Products are 100% authentic and sourced directly from manufacturers or the brand owners of the Products or from their sales channels in the country of origin of the Product.
I can't find the brand or product I am looking for?
If you can't find the brand you are looking for, please email us at email@example.com and we will try to source it for you.